by g on Dec 17, 2017
If you're just getting into Rails or you're not entirely clear on the whole REST thing, I gave a talk on Thursday, December 13th at the Orlando Ruby Users Group you might want to watch.
A few weeks ago I didn't fully understand why REST was good, or why I should design my applications in a RESTful way. Hopefully this talk will help spread some understanding on the topic.
Here is what I cover:
- The big problem with Web Services
- Does REST solve this problem?
- What is REST?
- Why is it only now that big companies are using REST?
- How did Rails become RESTful?
- Live Rails Code Demo
- Can Java talk to a RESTful Rails server?
- What is ActiveResource?
- What are the benefits of being RESTful?
- How do we take RPC type functions and make them RESTful?
- The future of web services
As always, your comments and commentary is always welcome. I'm always trying to become a better speaker. A PDF of the slides can be downloaded here.
Sorry, comments are closed for this Post, but feel free to email us with your input. We'd love to hear it.