by g on Oct 03, 2017
A few months ago I really hated the idea of testing my code, I just didn't do it. Now I couldn't think of writing a line of code without the proper tests in place.
If you fall into either of these boats you may want to watch this presentation I put together for the Orlando Ruby Users Group. Feedback and comments are always welcome.
- Why would you test your code?
- When do you test your code?
- The path to developer enlightenment
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Where'd RSpec come from?
- Running Autotest with Growl
- Live screencast of BDD with Rspec
- What are stubs and mocks?
- How to start testing your code?
Here is the textmate command I use in the video to convert my specifications into RSpec format. Yaml to RSpec.
- Rspec Homepage
- Behavior Driven Development Wiki
- Introduction to RSpec by David Chelimsky
- Why use RSpec - BDD
- Rails With RSpec
- TDD Adoption steps
- Dave Astels announcement of BDD
- the Coad Letter
- BDD is Kinkier then TDD
- Good talk with Dave Astels and Steven Baker
Sorry, comments are closed for this Post, but feel free to email us with your input. We'd love to hear it.